Find A Session
With Brexit and the complexities of Immigration policy in the European Union (EU), global HR professionals face significant workforce planning challenges. Restrictions on entry of EU professionals and recent changes to the UK’s Tier 2 system mean UK employers need to find new solutions to meet their workforce needs. The UK government has also issued a white paper outlining its roadmap for the future. At the same time, professionals from the UK face new challenges when looking for work within EU countries. The EU has also updated its posted worker directive, aimed at fair competition, which will impact how employers access talent.
- Understand the UK’s Tier 2 system, what options are available within the UK for accessing global talent and the impact Brexit has had on that process.
- Understand how to register EU citizens in the UK and British citizens overseas.
- Understand the UK’s white paper outlining its roadmap for the future.
- Understand the timeline for Brexit, related trade talks and the “backstop” for Northern Ireland.
- Understand the impact of Brexit on customs and entry for temporary employees and business travelers.
- Understand how the Council of the European Union’s posted worker directive, aimed at fair competition, affects employers.
- Best practices for assessing the impact of Brexit on your global workforce and keeping track of impacted professionals.