Find A Session
Where are you on the strategic-thinking spectrum? HR professionals are inclined to deal with what's right in front of them or due today, and yes, sometimes you have to take that here-and-now approach. But if you find yourself focused only on tactical issues as days or weeks go—getting lost in the details rather than navigating the bigger picture—you're doing your department, company and career a huge disservice. Keeping pace with tomorrow’s demands requires an HR department that leads company-wide strategic initiatives; your company's very survival may well depend on it, as those that fail to innovate are finding it tougher and tougher to compete. Learn how to elevate your game and move from tactical thinker to strategic leader.
- What it means to think and lead strategically.
- How to make time to strategize even when you're already underwater.
- How to focus on the 20 percent of your efforts that result in 80 percent of the benefits.
- How to avoid falling into the trap of doing a task simply because it's easy.
- The six facets of strategic thinking: where you are now on the spectrum; how to improve in each area.
- How to get from business need to action by creating an implementation plan to accomplish the strategic goals you've identified.